Wednesday, January 20, 2010

North Wind

The wind was a blowin this evening! I stopped at Target to run a couple of errands - on my way out of the store the wind caught me by surprise - it hadn't been blowing at all when I went in and I wasn't in there very long. It almost knocked me over a couple times and I had to grip the handle on the shopping cart to keep it from getting blown away from me - got to the car very fast though with the wind blowing both me and the cart! At the car I let go of the cart to grab my purse and bags - the cart started rolling very quickly away with help from the wind! I grabbed it and guided it to a curb so it wouldn't roll into any cars. I turned back around to head toward my car when I saw a sight that made me smile. A little girl was standing on the walk way - arms outstretched - letting the wind blow her around as she tried to keep standing up - and she was giggling!! Not a care in the world - just enjoying what Mother Nature had provided her! When do we lose that ability? All I could think about was getting home without limbs falling on me, hoping the power wouldn't go out, and how incredibly cold it was. Growing Up Sucks!

De

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Diana.....lets be positive now :-)