Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yee Haw!

I am all packed for Texas - Muppet is at the vets office for boarding - I am just waiting for L to get her stuff together and head on out of here. Once she's gone I can install the new locking door handle and then go to bed.

Muppet looked so sad when I dropped her off :( - I am sure she had been practicing those sad little looks all day. It broke my heart. I hope that as soon as I left she settled in. I hope she doesn't get depressed and not eat while I'm gone. It's like sending your child off to sleep away camp for the first time. I will have to keep myself from calling the vets everyday to see how she's doing.

I am doing a little better this evening. The bad, horrible cough has gotten a little better - it has left behind a very sore, dry throat so I can't really talk right now. I also have a very stuffy head/nose - BJ told me though that when you go up in a plane the atmosphere pressure actually relieves the pressure in your head and you feel so much better. Of course, once you come back down it all comes rushing back in to your head and sinuses. Hopefully I am on the mend and not on my way to strep throat or anything like that. Hey Colleen - do you have an Urgent Care near your house in case I need a Doctor!! I will probably need to make many, many trips to Sonic for icy, slushy drinks!

Quick Updates:
  • L has not found a job yet . . . . I don't even think she is looking right now.
  • Lyd's horse Sweet Cheeks hasn't had the foal yet . . . . . . I'm sure it will be born while I'm out of town.

I am bringing my computer with me to Texas so I will be updating the blog to let y'all know what's happening down South!

De

**UPDATE** L left around 830 and I successfully installed the new lock!! There was only one small issue . . . never close the door you are working on to check the latch until you have hooked up the handles!! I thought for a minute there I had locked myself inside the house!! All is ggod and it works wonderfully.

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Must be having too much fun in TX, no time to post. I don't blame you, I wouldn't post on my vacation either. Have fun!