Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Vacation or Sick Time

I have returned from Texas - flew in yesterday - woke up this morning to snow on the ground! Today it was in the upper 70s in Texas!

People at work today asked me how my vacation was - can you really call it a vacation when you are sick the whole time? It was in a different state - I did have to fly to get there - but I spent most of the time sleeping.

I did some site seeing - saw the wonderful E-Care office in McKinney Texas. As far as urgent care offices go this was very comfortable. Nice chairs, a TV set, "plants", and windows looking out on to the road. The intake area wasn't too bad - this is the place where they ask you questions and give you a very nice paper bracelet with your name printed on it and your date of birth - would prefer not to be advertising my age to everyone but it did go with everything. The next room was the actual exam room - ok chair and a nice padded table covered in beautiful white paper. I spent quite a long time just hanging out in this room. Thank goodness there was cell service - I was able to text Colleen and let her know what was going on. After waiting for 30/45 minutes - the Doctor came bustling in - listened to my lungs - looked at my throat - and bustled right back out - was able to see her for all of 5 minutes! Did a quick little breathing treatment and was able to leave.

Next site - the 24 hour Walgreen's right across the street! Location - location - location! Who ever did the planning on that one got it right - a 24 hour pharmacy right next to the E-Care! If you've ever been in a Walgreen's then you know exactly how this one looked - they all have the same exact lay out - cosmetics on the left - pharmacy in the back right corner - aisles in the front for candy and seasonal items - all sorts of health items in the back by the pharmacy - photo center in the front off to the right. We wandered the aisles for a bit and then waited for them to call my name. They were actually pretty quick.

Next stop - Musielak House and the couch where I would spend a good part of my "vacation". When I got there and walked in - Tony stood up and told the kids to get up and come on - they all stood up and walked to the far side of the family room and pointed to the stairs! I sat on the couch, we had Domino's pizza for dinner, I took a Nyquil and was down for the count.

As soon as I get an email from either Lindsay or Krystina with pictures from the Kidd Kraddick Show I will write some more about that visit.

I did come to the conclusion that we need 3 new restaurants up here in Washington
  • Texas Roadhouse - really good beef, when they get your order correct, and the rolls with cinnamon butter that they give you through out the meal are really good.




  • Einsteins - great bagel shop. I had an egg sandwich on a plain bagel with ham and swiss! Colleen had The Elvis - peanut butter, bananas, and honey on your choice of bagel.



  • Sonic Drive In - Didn't have any regular food but I did have a few Lemon Berry slushies and one night I had a banana split. Anyone want to buy in to a franchise with me!!
Just about 800 and time for me to go to bed. First day back at work took it out of me.

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Sorry about the less than stellar vacation. However, I must give a resounding YES, YES, YES to all three restaurants making their way to the Northwest. I was spoiled with Sonic while in Oklahoma for two years. Then they finally started coming to Utah while I was there. What I wouldn't give for a cherry or vanilla Dr. Pepper. Yum! I don't even know where to start with the Roadhouse. Best salads, best rolls, and best beef. Delicious. Now look what you've done, I'm quite depressed now. Thanks a lot!