Thursday, March 12, 2009

083261

What's this number? Guess . . . . . .Guess . . . . . . . . .

Nope - not the number of minutes I spent on a Southwest Airlines airplane today - the Greyhound Service of the air! I flew from Seattle to Denver - changed planes - then the plane I was on stopped in Tulsa, OK to let people off and bring people on and then we finally went to Dallas. Thought I was never going to get here!

Not the number of miles travelled to get to Texas. Quite the roundabout way to get here.

Not the weight of my suitcase! I am getting better at packing - was able to get everything in to a carry-on size suitcase and I could still carry it!!

It's the patient ID I received when Colleen had to take me to E-Care once I got off the airplane- note to friends and family - not a good idea to fly when you are coming down with bronchitis! I was feeling fine when I got up in the morning - just no voice and a sore throat - but I felt better than I had the previous days so I figured I was on the mend. I don't know if it was from the altitude changes, the recycled air, or a combination of both - but when I got off the plane in Dallas and started walking to go find Colleen I found that I was having trouble breathing - and not just a little - I think I now know what it's like to have an asthma attack! I got to the car and told Colleen that I didn't want to start the vacation off on the wrong foot but I think we needed to go to an urgent care center. I landed at 410 Dallas Time - 210 Seattle Time - we got to E-Care about 530 and by 630 I was getting a breathing treatment and finally able to get some oxygen in my lungs. Next stop was Walgreens to pick-up 3 prescriptions, some Dayquil/Nyquil, and some throat spray. It was a great start to my vacation!

I would have posted this last night but I have never had Nyquil before and within about 10 minutes of taking it I was knocked out!!

Friday - felt better this morning so we kept our plan of going to go see the Kidd Kraddick in the Morning show!! It was fantastic!! We had to sit outside their studios - they have big glass windows so you can see everything. Part way through they surprised us that they had a Music That Makes You Cooler performer, Jessie James, and we got to go inside to the Canal Street Lounge and listen to her sing two songs. We got to shake hands with Big Al Mack and J-Si. Then it was back outside. We were going to head home but decided to stay for one more set. I'm glad we did because when the show was over they all came outside to say Hi - let us take pictures with them, and signed T-shirts for us!! I will post pictures later! It was incredible! I told Kidd that I came all the way form Seattle to see him and he said No Way and gave me a Big Hug. He said really you came just to see us - Colleen told him that she had asked me what I wanted to do when I was down here and that I had said I wanted to see Kidd Kraddick and go to The Roadhouse for dinner!

After the show we found a Starbucks and then went to Einsteins Bagels for a late breakfast. Einsteins was great! I had an Egg Sandwich with Ham and Swiss on a Plain Bagel. I wish we had an Einsteins in Washington.

I slept the rest of the day and I'm feeling a ton better. When I woke up I sent Jeffrey to Sonic to get me a Lemon Berry Slush and told him he could get whatever he wanted. It tastes so good! We are having spaghetti for dinner - Colleen and Lindsay have long runs tomorrow so they need to eat pasta tonight. Tony is off teaching baseball lessons right now.

Don't know what the plans are for tomorrow but I will keep you posted!

De

No comments: