Tuesday, March 24, 2009

She has not 1 . . . not 2 . . . . but 3!!!

Well - she did it again! L got another ticket - this time going 33 in a 20 MPH School Zone. Of course, it's not her fault - the speed limit is 35 when it;s not being a school zone - she didn't see the lights flashing because when she got to Kelley's house it was school was still in session and she didn't know school was out when she left. The ticket is for $271!! It is due in 15 days - I told her I guess she needs to make some quick cash - has that 2nd car that's been sitting around - maybe she should sell that so she can pay her bills. She said - what do I do if I can't sell it before the ticket is due. Told her she's going to have to figure it out because I don't have the money to help her out. (I made an error when filing L's taxes which has resulted in me having a tax bill instead of a tax refund.) Life's going to be fun around here!

I'm still feeling like crap these days - I am sick and tired of being sick and tired - all the time! I think my body is still trying to get over the bronchitis - body aches and always tired. L is sick too - she has a UTI.

Congratulations go out to my niece Krystina - Criminal Justice Student of the Year!!

De

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! $271 dollars...pretty steep. L should contact the agency (city or county that issued the ticket) that gave her the ticket and ask to pay in installments. They'll setup a payment schedule for her. I'm not sure if they charge her interest or not. Make sure L knows if she ignores the fine and doesn't pay it they'll put out a warrant for her arrest.