Sunday, March 22, 2009

Horses!

Hey! Saturday was very busy and Sunday I didn't crawl out of bed until 130 - and then only because L called me!!

I spent all day Saturday with Lyd. We went to the barn and I got to meet the new four-legged baby Sweet Pea! She is so cute and Sweet Cheeks is such a good Mama. I brought Sweet Cheeks a congratulations gift of a bunch of organic carrots - I gave her a couple before I went in to the stall to see the baby. I have a very healthy respect for Sweet Cheeks because a year ago she knocked me flat on my ass!! So after I gave her the offering of sweet carrots she had no problem with me coming in to see Sweet Pea. I have never been close to a filly before. She is so soft and their tails are like a deers tail - short and fluffy - not like a horses tail. They are like human babies in that they are not born with teeth - she does like to nip at things though as you can see in the picture she is trying to eat my jacket! She is only a week old but very active and fast - she almost got me when she kicked when they were out in the pasture. I used the recording part on my camera for the first time and created this video of Sweet Cheeks and Sweet Pea out in the pasture. (The video seems to get stuck buffering . . . I am working on fixing this)**UPDATE - See next post for better video**

After spending time with the horses we went to lunch at Claim Jumper by Southcenter Mall. On the way there I saw a car in front of us with the personalized license plate BUGGA! I only know of one BUGGA so we sped up and got along side - sure enough it was Auntie Jan driving! We honked and she turned her head - not sure whether she recognized me or not. I need to give her a call to see if she knew it was me honking at her. After lunch we went in to Babies R Us - so many cute things - and lots of cool stuff they never had when L was a baby. Next stop was Southcenter Mall to go shopping for Maternity Clothes - and yes - they had so much more than what they had 19 years ago! Made me want to be pregnant again - except for that little thing about having to raise another baby!

Sunday - on the couch under my new Snuggie making the horse video! Everyone needs a lazy day every once in awhile.

De

No comments: