Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A New Day

Let's try this again - that's what I said to myself as I approached the parking garage tonight and saw that the homeless man was in his usual spot - He asked for spare change and I politely told him I didn't have any  - he responded with . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Happy Holidays!  Guess maybe we were both just having bad days yesterday.

Tomorrow I have a Christmas Potluck to go to with my Issaquah 3rd Ward sisters.  I signed up to bring tarts - of course I signed up before my mojo took a holiday.  I was going to try the apple tarts again but then I said to myself - Self, why do something that's going to stress you out - make something that you feel comfortable baking.  So I listened to that voice and I made mini pumpkin pie tarts . . . . . and . . . . . .Success!  They turned out good, filling cooked all the way through, nothing bubbled and/or melted over the edges, the crust cooked all the way through!  I am a happy baker tonight!

We are doing a gift exchange too - you are supposed to bring something that is your favorite or represents you - $5 limit.  I couldn't think of anything at first to get and then I thought - you don't have to spend $5 - I have a lot of beads around the house - so I made a bracelet.  I hope the person I get likes it.

De

No comments: