Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm A Mormon


The past few days have been very eventful! 

Saturday I was Baptized into the Mormon Church.  I was a bit nervous as I headed to the church but once I saw Jason I relaxed.  I got changed into my baptismal clothing and then we went out into the hallway for pictures and then a quick practice so I would know exactly what would happen when it was time to be dunked.  It’s hard to put into words how I felt – it was like when you come home after a long trip, it just feels right, comforting, like you belong.  It meant a lot to me to have Jason be the one to baptize me and for my parents to be there and to see that it is really something that makes me happy.  Towards the end of the service Bishop Tanner asked me if I would be willing to stand up and share with the people there what led me to my decision.  I was very nervous but when I got up there the words just flowed.  This was not a quick and fast decision on my part – it has been a slow, steady process over the last 4 years.

After the Baptism I went out to dinner with Jason, his family, and Tryna..  They gave me a bag with items that I will get used to now that I am a Mormon – a bottle of rootbeer, a bottle of fry sauce, and a box of jello!  They also got me the book of scriptures – Bible, Book of Mormon, and D&C – with my name printed on the front.  It is very special. 

Sunday at church I was confirmed – which was the last thing that needed to be done in order to make me a member of the church.  Jason and his family came to the service.  Before church, L called me and wanted to know if I would like to get together and have dinner after church.  So I picked her up after church and we went to Red Robin over by Bell Square – which was very crowded with families dressed up for Halloween and trick or treating in the mall.  It was fun to see the little kids dressed up though – they are so dang cute. 

I got home just in time for my one and only trick or treater – the little boy from downstairs – and to put Chrissy in her costume.  Muppet was definitely easier to dress up – she would just sit there and tolerate it.  Chrissy on the other hand was not very happy – she kept shaking her head and rolling on the carpet to try and get it off!

Today was the first day without Jason at work – it was very sad – it feels very strange that he will not be there anymore.  The lunch crew was very quiet today – no Jason and R was not at work today either – lunchtime will never be the same. 

OK – time to get my coughing, stuff headed body to bed – gotta try and shake this thing.  It is Month End this week so I need to keep up my strength.

De

No comments: