Thursday, November 18, 2010

Relax - Cupcakes - Decorations

Relaxed . . . . . . . . that's what I feel tonight . . . . . . . I think I've gotten a handle on everything that needs to be done at work.  Now I am baking two different kinds of cupcakes for tomorrow's contest . . . . I think it's a good thing I am going to compete in the prettiest category!  I think I filled the cupcake liners a little too full - they didn't stay all puffed up and pretty - they kinda went a little flat.  I made a dozen mini cupcakes in each flavor too - bite size for the judges! - they look a little flat too.  Hopefully once I put the frosting on them they will look better.  I got some Mint M&Ms to put on top of the Chocolate Mint Cupcakes.  Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . . . . . . Not even Thanksgiving yet and there a Christmas Trees up and lights in the trees.  It's like Thanksgiving isn't even a holiday anymore - it's just a day where go through the Black Friday Ads planning your your strategy to get all the best deals.  The dinner - just a way to really fuel up and give yourself sustenance for the long day ahead of you.  I remember when stores didn't put up any decorations until the day after Thanksgiving.  My sister worked at Lamonts one year and had to go in Thanksgiving night to help decorate the store. 

Now - don't get me wrong - I like the decorations - the lights in Seattle are really really pretty - but by the time Christmas comes around I have had enough of it all.  Warm 106.9 has even started their all Christmas Songs All Day programming - they used to not start this until the day after Thanksgiving and this year they started it on Nov 1st. 

I just miss October Halloween - November Thanksgiving - December Christmas.  This country has become so fixated on the almighty dollar and trying to make money - get deals - spend - spend - spend! 

What do you think . . . . .

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I agree!! I can't wait for Thanksgiving!