Friday, October 29, 2010

End of Week Update

Wow - it has been awhile since I posted anything.  Sorry - my bad!  I have been busy meeting with the missionaries 2 to 3 times a week,  then I went on a quick vacation to Vegas, came back with a "smokers" cough from all the secondhand smoke I inhaled, and now I have a stuffy nose so I haven't really had time or felt up to writing.  So guess what . . . . . . Yup . . . . . time for a bullet point update on a few things!

  • No update on the King County Sheriff who came to the condo looking for L.  She hasn't called him and he has not come by again - at least not while I've been home.  I did a little research on my own and found that one of L's "friends" has an active case in the King County Superior Court and right about the time the sheriff came by they were finishing up depositions on her case.  I could not find any details other than it is a Criminal Non-Traffic Offense and she had to be let out on $5K bail.  I think this is what they want to talk to her about but we will never know cuz she's an adult so they won't talk to me and she is in no hurry to call.
  • Vegas!  Fun trip!  Spent a good portion of it in the Sports Book watching Football!  I started out doing well but on Sunday - for some reason - I decided to go out on my own hunches instead of doing what K did. Should have stuck with K as she went home with $$ and I left $$ in Vegas!  Next year I am going to stick by her and after she places her bets I'm just going to say - "I'll do what she just did!"
  • Chrissy - She is still as crazy as ever.  L watched her while I was in Vegas and she survived!  In fact - when I got home Chrissy seemed more upset about L leaving than she was excited to have me home!  And . . . . when the Elders came by on Wednesday she was more excited to see them than she was to see me!  Silly dog!  Just for that . . . . . I got her 2 Halloween Costumes that I am going to make her wear!!  I will post pics!
  • Mormon - Tomorrow is the big day . . . I am being Baptized in to the Mormon Church.  This is such a big step for me but I feel very good about my decision . . . . . this is right for me.  I got to choose any member in the church to do the actually baptism . . . . I chose my friend J from work.  This is going to make it even more special.  My parents are coming down for it too which means a lot to me.  
Tomorrow I have a hair appt with Bonnie and then I am going to go look for a skirt or dress that I can wear - I only have one dress and I need more that I can wear to church.  I will start at Target and then head to Ross - If I can't find anything there I will have to try Lane Bryant . . . a little pricey so if I end up there I will just get one item and then look for others next week.

Today we celebrated Halloween at work - I wasn't going to dress-up but kinda got "guilted" in to it yesterday so I picked up some cat ears, a nose with whiskers, and a tail - dressed in all black - very easy.  It was our head of finance's big 4 - 0 today - some people got to work early and really decorated his office - it was great - and he liked it!  His favorite item - an "old" persons cane that came with a horn, squeaked when it touched the floor and a pill bottle with an emergency Twix in it - Twix are his weakness!

OK - hope I caught you up on everything - if I didn't let me know by leaving a comment.  I will try to get back on track next week - although it is month-end next week and we will be one person down because today was J's last day . . . . . . . very sad face . . . . . . . he will be greatly missed - not just for what he did as a job but for his friendship, his humor, his listening ability, and the free therapy sessions.

De

No comments: