Thursday, June 17, 2010

Stupid Internet

I have been having so many issues with my Internet this week!!  It keeps dropping connections!  I thought it might be the wireless router but then L started having problems this evening and she is plugged directly in to the Internet.  So that is the reason I haven't written this week - I know - excuses excuses!!

I was trying to decide if I should just write a couple entries a day to catch up or just do bullet points in this one - that is if I can remember everything I was going to write about this week . . . . . . . damn Internet! :-P

  • Saturday when I was running errands with L we went to Subway for lunch - I got a Tuna sandwich.  I ate the first half and then saved the rest for dinner - I didn't put it in the fridge though I just had it sitting by my purse in the living room.  Sunday I discovered why you shouldn't do that!  First experience with sitting on the toilet and needing to also have something to throw up in.  Fun Times in the Boyd Household!
  • Monday when I got home from work I took Chrissy out for our regular walk.  She was a little more energetic - I figured it was because she had been so dopey over the weekend.  We walked up and around Challenger and then headed back.  Here is the order of how thing happened: Chrissy sees something she wants - Chrissy takes off running at full speed - Leash flies from my hand - I go from a casual walk to a full on sprint trying to catch her - Chrissy runs by a car - Young man stops his car and goes running after Chrissy - Chrissy turns into driveway that leads to our condos - Young man comes back with Chrissy in hand - I am barely able to get the words Thank You out.  Luckily I did not have a heart attack!
  • Tuesday after work I went to the musical 42nd Street with Auntie Jan down at the Issaquah Village Theater.  Auntie Jan has season tickets with her friend Lorena but her friend couldn't make it to this show so I was invited.  I had so much fun!!!  I had never seen 42nd Street before and didn't even really know what it was about.  I was amazed to find out that I knew 3 of the songs from the show just form hearing them other places.  I might contemplate getting season tickets for myself next year or at least getting tickets for single shows.  I really had a good time - so much fun!!
  • Wednesday/Thursday - not a whole lot.  Either still feeling the effects of the Tuna Sandwich or else I am coming down with something.  Tummy troubles, headache, feeling dizzy!!  I feel like I tied one on without actually getting the enjoyment of the beverage.
The new season of SYTYCD started yesterday - well it was the first show with the final 11 dancers.  It is a different format this year.  Instead of 10 guys and 10 girls being paired up and learning new dances and styles they have 11 total dancers who get paired up with All Stars and learn a dance in that persons style.  I wasn't so sure I was going to like it but it was a lot of fun watching it last night.  My favorite dancer Mark was back as well as Pasha and Neil!  Tonight was the first results show.  Only one person would be going home - no longer 1 guy and 1 gal.  3 gals ended up being in the bottom three.  I didn't agree with the judges choice of who to send home . . . . . . SPOILER ALERT!!!!!  Not s surprise that the person I felt should go home didn't . . . .her style of dance is Tap and we all know how Nigel loves the Tap Dancers!!  He keeps them in way longer than they should be allowed to stay.  The person who ended up going home was Alexie . . . . she had tried out 3 times - last season making it to the final 20 girls but not getting chosen to be on the show.  She kept coming back So Sad.  Oh - and another change on the show this year is that Mary Murphy is no longer a judge.  They replaced her with Mia Michaels - not a big fan of that change.

I think I touched on just about everything.  I want to write about the police issue that has been in the news but I need that to be the only topic - so I will open the discussion about that tomorrow.

De

No comments: