Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Have Internet

Wow - 2nd night in a row that my Internet is actually working!!  Knock on wood!

Today was a very interesting day - a member of our lunch crew is at Swedish Hospital this week for some testing so we decided to take a field trip and go visit him.  This required taking the #3 bus - we had to pick it up on 3rd & Pine which is kitty corner from the Gangland McDonalds - as the bus travelled down 3rd we picked up more and more interesting people - some of which really needed to take a shower!  I have been very sheltered in my bus experiences - the commuter bus from the Plateau doesn't really let you see the different parts of the Seattle culture - the inner city routes really give you a different perspective.  We made it to Swedish Cherry Hill and found our way to R's room.  He is there so they can monitor him as they try to induce his seizures so they can map which parts of his brain are affected - this is a precursor to him having brain surgery.  They are trying to induce it by sleep deprivation - he is only allowed 4 hours of sleep a night.  Someone from his family has to be there to monitor him and make sure he doesn't sleep.  When we visited he hadn't yet had a seizure - which wasn't good.  Tonight though - he posted on his facebook that he had a Grand Mal seizure.  Not sure if this means he can sleep now or not.  Hopefully he gets some good drugs too 'cuz he posted that he pulled a muscle in his back during the seizure and it hurts to breathe.

I came home tonight to a clean kitchen!  Thank You L!!  I asked her to clean it for me because I needed to come home and bake a cake tonight.  She really stepped it up - the kitchen looked spectacular!  I was able to have room to do my baking.  New Recipe - Neapolitan Pound Cake!  I hope it turns out!  I always worry when I make something for the first time - I would hate for it to turn out nasty and have people spitting it out! L asked if we could just take a small slice out of it tonight to taste and make sure it tastes OK.  We might just have to do that.  I will let you know how it turned out. 

De

No comments: