Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just Some Chatter

So I'm sitting here just staring at this blank screen trying to come up with something to write.  It wasn't a very eventful day so I don't have a lot of drama to tell you.  L was over at E's house overnight so last night was nice and quiet - I picked her up on my way home from work - we got home and had leftover meatloaf for dinner! She has spent the rest of the evening in her room - which is nice and quiet but that old feeling of - What is she up to - creeps into my head and stomach.  Learned responses - takes a while for them to go away - be unlearned.

Chrissy learned a new trick this morning.  She was circling the house with her squirrelly in her mouth - whining a bit because she couldn't find a good place to hide it.  She was in my room while I was in the bathroom - suddenly she was no longer on the floor - she was on top of her crate! She then made the leap and was on top of my bed!  I guess under my covers was a good spot to hide squirrelly.  She needs to stop learning tricks from the cats!  While I was watching her on Chrissy Cam at work I kept expecting to see her move the crate over to the gate and use it to help her make a break for it.Y'all know that's gonna be the next trick!

Tomorrow is National Doughnut Day!!  At work J sent out a reminder email to everyone and subtly asked for the one person who lives in North Bend - where there is a bakery that makes the most delicious doughnuts - if they might consider bringing some in for everyone!  That person then responded to the email and said he had just pre-ordered 2 Dozen for tomorrow! Yay!!!  Thanks J & N!

No big weekend plans yet.  E is coming over to hang out on Sunday and I'm making Homemade Chicken Pot Pie for dinner.  I need to come up with dessert too - probably something fairly simple.  I probably should give the groomers a call too and see if they have any openings this weekend - Chrissy has been here for 2 weeks now and is looking rather scraggly - I'll be sad to see her dark tips go though - I kinda like them.  It will be interesting to see what color she is under all that fur though!  If she gets an appt I will take before and after pics.

De

No comments: