Saturday, June 26, 2010

Puppy = Baby

Having a puppy is just like having a baby - when they learn something new you get excited - when they do something cute you laugh - when they aren't feeling well you feel helpless.  Chrissy was not feeling well during the night last night.  I was woken up at midnight last night to the most nasty smell - Chrissy had diarrhea in her crate - she had moved her bedding out of the way so at least clean up was fairly easy - took the top off the crate and rinsed it out in the tub.  I then rinsed off the pup in the sink - grabbed a beach towel to use for her bed and put the crate all back together.  We both went back to sleep - until 500 when I woke up to her crying in her crate.  I got up with her - pulled on some sweats and took her outside - where she had more diarrhea and also threw up.  Poor baby must have eaten something that did not sit well in her belly at all.  She went back to sleep in her crate until 900.  She hasn't been sick since and has been acting like a normal hyper pup - hopefully whatever she ate has made it's way through her system.  She is now curled up in her crate sound asleep - and just like a baby she needs me in the room so she can sleep.  I put her in the crate and went out to the living room to close up - she started barking and whining - she stopped as soon as I got on the bed and she fluffed up her towel and is now sound asleep.

L has been away from the house all day - she went in to Seattle to meet up with some friends and hangout - she texted me around 3 letting me know she was going to stay at Bri's house tonight.  Do I believe that - not really.  I'm sure she is with Bri but I have no delusions of her having a "sleepover" at Bri's house.  I'm sure she is doing things I do not want to know about.  It did make it nice and relaxing around here! 

Plan is to try and get some chores done tomorrow.  I have found that I have a hard time doing chores because I am always wondering what Chrissy is getting in to - she loves to chew on everything!  I need a Puppy Bjorn so I can just carry her around and do my chores! 

Good Night ~

De

No comments: