Monday, June 7, 2010

Chrissy

I think L & E broke my puppy. :-(


Yesterday Chrissy went to the groomers for the first time. She was a little nervous being dropped off but she was a trooper. When I picked her up she was a little shaky but once I got her home she was her usual peppy – chase the cat – play with her toys little girl. After a bit she got sleepy and curled up on a pillow on the couch and started to take a nap.

During this time L, E, & I were playing a board game – E rolled the dice and one of them went under the couch. Instead of just reaching his hand underneath to find it he decided to tip the couch up a bit. This started a domino effect of the couch hitting the floor lamp, which then hit the wall and rolled down it and hit the ground, resulting in a very loud crash as the shade shattered into small pieces. The loud noise woke Chrissy up with a start and she started shaking – she hasn’t really stopped since. She has been really skittish – any kind of loud noise sends her shaking – even the rattling of a bag. She won’t play with her toys or the cat. This morning she just sat at my feet while I got ready for work. I have been watching her on the Webcam since I got to work and she hasn’t left her crate at all.

I think they broke my puppy!

I don’t know what to do. She has me all worried – I don’t want her to be afraid of everything now. She was such an energetic – fun little girl.

Any suggestions or have any of you experienced this with your pups?

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Yep, she's broke. Beyond repair. Out with the old, in with the new.....Oh, did I type that out loud? You know my bias.