Sunday, November 1, 2009

Good Grief

Good grief - Not sure where to start. I had lunch with L yesterday and we hung out at the mall for a bit. During lunch she told me that Justin's Mom was definitely moving out and that she needed to find another place to live. She asked me to think about letting her move back in - I told her I felt she needed to look at other options - she is still out of work - has no car - and I just don't know if she has made any changes in her attitude/behavior. I dropped her back off at the apartment and headed home.

My headache seems to be OK in the morning and then gets worse throughout the day - by the time it was 830 it was pounding and the ringing in my ears was very loud. I decided to take a Vicodin and get some sleep. Well - that sleep was interrupted at 300 in the morning by a call from L. She was crying and said that Justin had spit on her - hit her in the stomach - hit her in the face and knocked her to the sidewalk. She wanted me to come pick her up. Now 2 things were keeping me from just saying OK and heading out there - 1. Considering the conversation we had earlier I wasn't sure if I believed her - she might be saying this just to get me to let her in the house and then I will never get her back out. 2. I had taken a Vicodin and was not really feeling up to driving. She said that her Dad had told her she could come live with him and that she wanted to do that but just needed somewhere to go tonight. I finally went and picked her up. On the way back to the house she kept talking about going to her Dad's - that she had no friends here - I agreed that she needed to make a new start somewhere.

Sunday is now almost over and she has not made any plans with her Dad. She says she called him and that hew was online playing a game and told her he would call her back - I asked her a few hours later and she said that she had chatted online with him and that he was sitting down to dinner and would call her later - a couple hours later I asked her to call him - she dialed a number and said he wasn't answering. Part of me is wondering whether she is pulling the wool over my eyes and that she never even talked to her Dad about going down there. I am going to call him tomorrow and talk with him - I just don't trust her.

She is still here and tomorrow I am actually going to leave her in the house while I am at work. This is just not what I need right now - my headache issues and this week is month-end. I did tell her that tomorrow she needs to clean the house while I am at work. 2 months of headache is kinda showing in my housework - kinda cluttered!!

We'll see how it goes. I have told her that staying here is not a long term solution. I think that Tennessee is the best solution - new place - fresh start - no one knows her there so she can start over. Most of her friends have stopped talking to her - which makes me think there is a lot more going on here than I know.

I am now heading to bed - no drugs tonight - gotta get up early tomorrow for Month End fun!

De

No comments: