Thursday, November 12, 2009

MRI

The day finally arrived - Insurance finally said OK - appointment was made and kept. Check in time was 330 - had to fill out lots of paperwork - mostly question about whether I had an metal in me - wouldn't want little pieces to get sucked out of your body by the giant magnet! After the paperwork was done I sat in the waiting room for about 10 - 15 min. I was then brought back to a room to put my belongings and change into a scrub top - I was able to keep my jeans on which was good because I forgot my sweats at home and didn't have time to run in to Target to buy a cheap pair. They then came to get me!

In the MRI room I laid down on a table that was about the size of a bench - they put cushions under your legs and neck to make you comfortable - as comfortable as you can get on a skinny bench like table! The next step was to have an IV tube put in to my arm - this was in order to inject me with a contrasting dye for the last part of the MRI. I was given a panic ball I could push if I started to get stressed and headphones playing music I had chosen - I went with 80's! Then a plastic looking frame was placed over my head - it was just a frame so I could still see out of it. Then it was time to start - the table moved back into the MRI machine. At this point - my advice to anyone having this done would be to keep your eyes closed and don't even peek - I peeked! It is a very small chamber - if you are even the slightest bit claustrophobic you will not be comfortable. I am and thought I was going to go into pure panic mode. I closed my eyes and just tried to lose myself in the music. The MRI machine makes some very loud thumping , clicking, whirring noises. The first part of the test lasted about 30 min. The tech then came back in and moved the table out a bit so she could inject me with the dye. At this point - Do Not Peek!! I did again - they don't pull you all the way out so your head is still in the machine - very tight space. The second part of the test was only 15 minutes - more thumping, banging, and clanging. Then it's over! Change back into your regular clothes and head on out. I decided that after this ordeal I needed to treat myself! I went to Target and bought myself the new Bon Jovi CD.

Now it's just a waiting game. They said my Dr should have the results tomorrow afternoon. If I don't hear from her by around 3 or 330 I will give her a call.

I am torn between wanting them to find something so that I can hopefully get it cured and the ringing, pain, dizziness will go away and wanting there to be nothing wrong. But if they don't find anything then how will they make this go away.

OK - I'm going to sleep. I have tomorrow off - going to try and get my house organized a bit.

De

No comments: