Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Please Hire L

This blog was originally started as a way for me to vent about living with an 18 year old. The first month I started writing I used L's name in the posts - I eventually shortened it to just L so that some anonymity could be kept. A few months ago I did a Google search on L's name and one of my blog posts came up. I went back into the blog and removed her full name and replaced it with L. I figured it wouldn't fair to her if someone googled her name and what came up was my rantings as a frustrated Mom. Well - what they say about things on the Internet never really going away are true! If her name is googled it will pull up a post from two years ago even though I removed the name - it was "cached" - so it still brings up a link to that old post.

Well - someone in MN googled her name yesterday and went to the old post and then also looked through posts from this month and last. I am thinking it may be a potential employer - as I know they use Google these days.

I hope that whoever reads my posts that they take what I say about L with a grain of salt. My frustrations should not have any bearing on whether you hire her or not. She is a good young lady and is very serious about finding a job and doing well at it.

I spoke with her today and the homesickness and stress she was having yesterday has passed. She was very excited about some job opportunities she had found and applied for.

Please Hire L.

De

No comments: