Thursday, November 19, 2009

You Have Reached . . . .

In order to keep all parties as private as possible I will be using initials for all!

Got a call today - not the morning one from L - the afternoon one from T's Mom! Wanted to talk to me about L. Seems L had not really told me the all the facts about her move to MN - and it seems she has been pulling the wool over T's Mom's eyes as well. T's Mom had said L could live in the house with T as she had to pay the mortgage anyways - but if it sells they are out. She had not told L that they would feed her - she needed to contribute/buy her own food. T's Mom could not believe that I would send L out to MN with only $20 - Said "I am not going to support your daughter!" I told her that I had sent L with $100 so not exactly sure what happened to that - must not have been spent on food. She went on and on - making me feel like I was the one mooching off her and asking her to raise my child. Oh - did I mention that this call came while I was at work - not exactly the place to have a heart to heart with someone - it was 5 her time but only 3 mine! The way the call ended was T's Mom telling me that if things don't get better I better plan on buying her a ticket to come home. Oh - and she also said that T had complained to her about L - saying she was mooching off his stuff - exactly what did he think was going to happen - he asks L to come live with him knowing that she is poor and has no job! After this call I of course called L - she had no idea what T's Mom was talking about - everything was going fine. I also forgot to mention that in the conversation with T's Mom she mentioned how L doesn't shower or brush her teeth and that her teeth look like she's done nothing but eat sugar - made me feel like it was my fault. Umm........the girl is 19 1/2 not 5 - I can't make her do anything. I told C about this over IM and she gave me a good line to use if the call comes again . . . Here's L's Dads number . . . Call him. Kinda like that line from a Travis Tritt song . . . . . .Here's a quarter call someone who cares!

I have written before about how I was receiving calls from collection agencies for L. Well, today I got the strangest message . . . and it wasn't for L it was for my former brother-in-law C and his wife G. The message was "Hi D, this is A from ***** Company. I am trying to reach C and G. Can you please pass this number along to them and let them know I need a call." Then he left a 1-800 number. How weird is that!! I changed back to my maiden name well before I moved to my current place with my current phone number - the last name was never associated with either place. How was this person able to locate me and put me together with C & G but not able to find their current phone number. When did I become the go to person for these types of calls.

Health wise I am doing a little better. The new med I am on seems to be helping a little - I get between 1 - 3 hours in the morning headache free!! It starts to creep back in and by evening it is making itself known. The ringing in my ear had calmed down to just an annoying high pitched buzz - but it is back in full force tonight - don't know if this is stress related or just the symptoms shifting around a bit. New symptom - slight bloody nose when I blow it. I'm not blowing that hard - not sure if this might be a side effect form the new meds or not - I will add it to my list of questions for the Doc on Tuesday. Oh - and my memory seems to be going a bit. I wrote a grocery list this morning and knew I would probably forget about it so I taped it to my steering wheel when I parked at the park and ride. When I got to my car tonight I looked int he window and my first thought was - Who's leaving me notes and how did they get in to my car - the door was locked.! Then I remember it was my list! It was a good thing I taped it there because I had totally forgotten that I needed to run by Pet Pros to get Puppy Pads and Dog food.! Muppet would not have been a happy camper tomorrow morning if I had forgotten to pick these things up.

OK - I'm going to try and tune out the ear symphony and get some sleep.

De

No comments: