Tuesday, November 10, 2009

She's in MN Now

Sunday morning I woke up around 500 to the sound of L throwing up. She was really sick. She went back to bed hoping she would feel better after a few hours of sleep. She got up at 800 to get ready to go catch her plane - got sick while she was doing her hair. We talked about whether she should get on the plane. She called Talon and he told her to see how she does on the car ride to the airport. So - we headed on out to SeaTac. When we got there she thought she was going to hurl again. We decided she could change her plans to Monday or Tuesday. When she went to call Talon she said her stomach wasn't hurting anymore - I said "Hmm, once it was decided you weren't going today you felt better" Yup. Talon told her to get on the plane. Nerves and eating a bunch of crap with Kellie the night before had gotten to her. We got her checked through - I gave her some money to get water or juice once she made it through security. We hugged good-bye. I watched her go through security - went to some windows and watched her take the escalators down to catch the tram. When I got home I tracked her flights to MN. She got there safe and sound! I spoke to her on the phone today - she sounded so happy and I could hear her laughing - haven't heard that in a long time.

Some people have asked me why she went to live with Talon in MN instead of her Dad in TN. Well . . . . her Dad never returned either of our calls! I called him twice and L called him multiple times through out the week. What Dad wouldn't call to talk to his daughter after learning that her boyfriend was abusive? What Dad wouldn't want to try and help her get away from him? I just don't get it.

It was hard to see her leave not knowing when I would see her again. I can't just go and take her to lunch to make sure she eats at least one healthy meal. I Love her very much. I believe that this is going to be good for both of us. Help me to let her go and not be her rescuer - Help her to stand on her own feet. I am hoping and praying that L comes out of this stronger and better.

De

No comments: