Friday, August 13, 2010

One of Those Days

Yesterday when I was heading to the parking garage after work I walked by a 20 something guy who was panhandling – I didn’t look at him or read his sign I just walked by keeping my eyes straight ahead. As I walked by he asked me for spare change and I ignored him. His response . . . . . . “Go ahead and ignore me Fat Ass!” I kept on walking but flipped him off over my head. He proceeded to tell me to stick it up my Fat Ass. Really – really – Really!! Well – that’s certainly going to get me to turn around and open my wallet to give a hand out . . . . . . . NOT!! I should wear a sign that says – “Already Supporting a Panhandler”


Today I was going to relay the story to my lunch crew but they ditched me!! I headed to the lunchroom at the same time we always go to lunch – R at the front desk said I had just missed them they were heading out to Mexican. I went in and sat down to eat my lunch hoping that they had just gone out to grab it and then come back . . . . . . nope . . . . . . . they had gone out to eat without me. I felt so stupid because my feelings were really really hurt because of it. The explanations have all been that there was miscommunication and it wasn’t intentional. Which – OK, but my feelings are still hurt. I need a drink.

I am thinking that when I leave work today I am going to see if the panhandler is in the same spot and I’m going to walk up to him with some money in hand and then say – Oh wait a minute, you’re the one who called me a Fat Ass yesterday, guess I will have to give my money to someone else! We’ll see – I’ll let you know what happens.

On my way out now ~

De

No comments: