Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Ants Came Marching . . . . . .

Earlier this week when I took Chrissy outside in the morning we made a discovery - the landscapers had disrupted an ant home when they did the edging on the lawn.  We were walking along the sidewalk when Chrissy - nose to the ground - took a big sniff of what looked like a pile of dirt on the sidewalk.  Only thing . . . . . . it wasn't dirt . . . . . . . it was a pile of baby ants all moving around together.  Poor Chrissy took a big sniff - scared the little ants - they scattered all across the sidewalk - and some decided to take a ride on Chrissy's muzzle!  She looked up at me and I could see these little black spots moving around on her face - good thing she's blonde and not black so I could see them.  I had to pick them out of her fur.  A few minutes later there were more baby ants on her face - I think they crawled out of her nose!! 

I wonder what the ants were thinking when Chrissy sniffed and disrupted their pile -
  • Oh No - Hurricane Chrissy!  
  • Maybe the Wizard of Oz theme was playing duh duh duh duh duh duh
  • Oh No - There goes Auntie Em.  She got sucked up into the wind
What about those poor ants that got into her fur and nose
  • What are these blonde pieces of grass we're walking on
  • It's so dark and wet in here - I think I can see a light though
  • Oh No - here comes a big hand grabbing at us - Quick Run . . Ahhhhh . . . .Oh No it has George!!
De

No comments: