Sunday, August 29, 2010

Draft Day!

Fall is here - the weather is cooler - the leaves are changing - Fantasy Football Draft!!  I travelled up to La Conner today so that Team Scooby Gang (my team) could join up with this years rookie team Boydsnest (Mom and Dad) and video conference with the other owners in the Crimson Ridge League for Draft Day!  Draft was to start 2:00 central/12:00 pacific - conferenced in with Team Moose only to be told that teams Shorkie Attack and T-man's My Roy had just arrived and needed to get set up.  The other teams - Yuck Monkeys - CowboyHater - Average Joes - Pretty in Pink - The Champ were already there and ready to go.  First order of business was to draw numbers for draft order. 

The draft went fairly well - there was some groaning and trash talking when I made my first pick because the other owners said I shouldn't have taken that person so early - I don't care - I'm putting together the team that I want - if I made bad choices then isn't that good for them!  All the teams but one have single owners - Team Boydsnest is co-owned by Mom and Dad - not too much bickering occurred while they decided who to draft. 

The draft only lasted 2 hours - which I think was pretty quick for 10 teams and 15 rounds.  After the draft Mom and I took a trip to the Berry Barn!  I got a half flat of mixed - 3 pints blueberries, 2 pints blackberries, and 1 pint strawberries.  The Blackberries are incredibly big and sweet - they look like they were grown by Hanford - I have never seen blackberries that big.  Then it was back to the house for a draft day dinner of barbecues burgers, baked beans, and corn on the cob.  Dessert was a marionberry pie that I got to pick out for my birthday!  Then I drove home!

My Fantasy Football Team - Team Scooby Gang (reference to Buffy The Vampire Slayer not the cartoon)
  • QB Tony Romo
  • QB Matt Hasselbeck
  • RB Ronnie Brown
  • RB STeven Jackson
  • RB Ricky Williams
  • RB LaDainian Tomlinson
  • WR Miles Austin
  • WR Chad Ochocinco
  • WR Hines Ward
  • WR Derrick Mason
  • WR Golden Tate
  • TE Tony Gonzalez
  • TE Zach Miller
  • K Ryan Longwell
  • DEF/ST New Orleans Saints
Let Football Season begin!

De

No comments: