Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Late Weekend Update

So Sunday Chrissy went to the groomers - time to get a bath and get rid of the knots - start with a clean slate.  Well - it's definitely a clean slate - they ended up having to shave her really really short!  She looks like a rat terrier!!  Poor baby!  I now know that she's the type of dog that needs to be brushed and often!

Luckily it's been warm since then so she hasn't been cold when we go outside.  And . . . . . knock on wood . . . . . she hasn't had an accident in the house since last Friday!!  She's finally getting me trained to take her outside about every hour - hour and a half.  I leave her harness on so all I have to do is snap on the leash and out we go.  Now - if I could get her to just do her business quick instead of spending so much time sniffing around to find the perfect blade of grass to pee on we would be perfect!



L started at McDonald's yesterday - seemed to have gone fairly well - she was tired when she got home.  She worked again today but she hasn't gotten home yet - a friend of hers picked her up from work so they must be out and about.  Last Friday - while we were out and about running some errands - I broached the subject . . . I said, "I don't want to start a fight for the weekend, but we need to talk about the elephant in the room"  she responded that yeah - she knew - and was working on finding a place now that she had a job.  Let's all say our prayers and keep our fingers crossed.  I am sooooooo ready to have my house back!  Once I have it all to myself it will be time to really clean things out . . Hey C, wanna come up and help!

Yesterday was a perfect work day!  Got off at 1:00 - road the SLUT (South Lake Union Trolley) to Lake Union and boarded an Argosy Cruise ship!  It was a Finance Fun Day!  I have worked in this department for 4 years and this is the first off-site fun day we have had!  The boat cruised around Lake Union - through the Montlake Cut - around Lake Washington by 520 - and then back again.  We had lunch and drinks - the sun came out - it was a really fun day!  After we got off the boat we went over to Jillian's and had some snacks, beer, and played pool.  I didn't actually play pool - I sat and mocked people who made poor shots! 

De

No comments: