Thursday, August 5, 2010

Deadline Met

We started this week out with a big push to get everything done for close quickly - I felt like I was doing a million different things at once and worried I was going to drop the ball . . . . . . . I don't think  did . . . .and we met our deadline with time to spare!  Yea Us!!  We had a little bit of motivation to get things done - it was our office night at the Mariner's Game on Tuesday.  I have not been a big Mariner's Fan this year . . . . Losing Season Again . . . . . . .and no Junior to at least make it exciting.  I did go for the catered dinner though - Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Chips, Cookies, Beans . . . . Yummy!  We also got 2 Drink Tickets - usually I will use one and then give the other away - this year I wasn't in the mood so I had water and gave both my tickets away.  I left before the game even started . . . . I know . . . you readers that are baseball fans are probably going WTH!!  Free game and you didn't stay!  I like baseball . . . . but I am a fan of football!! 

Thank goodness for my new phone!  I used Google Maps and my OneBusAway App to catch the last 218 bus home.  The bus app lets you know when it will be at your stop and if it's delayed tells you by how many minutes - lucky for me it was delayed for 7 minutes otherwise I wouldn't have caught it. 

I will be doing some baking this weekend - took delivery of a big box of peaches today!  They were picked form the tree and boxed this morning and then delivered to my work this afternoon!  I gave some to a few people at work - there are a lot of peaches in the box!  I love making Peach Crisp and Peach Pie!  I may just have to freeze some of them too so I can have Peach Dessert when they are out of season - wonder if fresh peaches freeze well. 

Oh . . . because of the peach delivery I drove in to work today - didn't think it would be fun to take the bus with a box of peaches.  Anyways -  this coming weekend is Seafair which means Blue Angels which means closing down the I90 bridge for them to practice.  They had been telling us all week that the bridge would close at 945 - plenty of time for me to get to work.  What they neglected to say was that they would start the close down at 915 which would cause a 30 min backup trying to get across the bridge!  Un -freakin believable!!  This made me late for my usual early bird special parking rate so I had to move to the other parking garage that is another block away - usually not a problem but I had to carry an 18 lb box of peaches to my car!!!  Stupid Angels!!  There was a small back-up on the way home too - everyone slowing down to look at the boats already docked on the log boom and the other boats traveling to get there - come on people - you live in WA - never seen a boat on a lake before!  Really . . . really . . . Really!

Tomorrow is Friday - Chrissy has an appointment to get her "Lady Bits" taken out.  I wonder f she'll calm down a bit - I know boy puppies do.  She'll probably turn PMSy - all that hormonal stuff - she's going to be a crazy dog!

De

No comments: