Monday, February 1, 2010

Stress - Stress - Stress

I think the flu is trying to make a home in my body . . . I believe the stress over the last month has brought the defenses down! There has been nothing but work stress for the past month - it's all a blur - the months have blended. Someone at work put it perfectly - We go from December to February - We don't get a January! We are still working on closing 2009 and it's already time to close January! Not to mention - being in AP - I had to produce 1099s last week. I feel like I am juggling way too many things. I am behind in getting started on my close check list. When I got in this morning the plan was to really get going on invoices and credit cards. Instead, I was met with a huge list of items that needed to be pulled for the Auditors, emails with questions for the Auditors, Copies to make for the Auditors! The day was half over before I got to get going on my list. Then - at 6 I got ready to leave work - someone said "Aren't you supposed to have AP Closed today" You know what - I can only do so much! And . . . I drove in today and I was 15 minutes away from losing my early bird discount! It was time to go.

Vent Time - Aaaaaaagggggghhhhh!!!! People - My busy days are right at the end of one month and the first 2 days of the new month. If I have to work on other things then my close work can't get done!!! I will not spend my life at work!! Some things may not get done - but at the end of the day what we do is not brain surgery - if AP doesn't close until tomorrow morning no one will die!!

Now - I'm gonna go take some Advil and hope it takes care of the headache - sore throat - and hot flashes.

De

No comments: