Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cautiosly Optomistic

Today has been a good day with Mup - although I find myself holding back on being ecstatic. I don't want to think that all is well only to find out that I have to make a tough decision.

Mup did well last night and woke up this morning a little peppier than she had been. She wouldn't eat this morning but she wasn't all listless and lethargic. We met up with Dr Brar at 1230 - on his day off I might add - and she got a good hours worth of fluids as well as an antibiotic and something to stimulate her appetite. When I went to get her after the hour she was a different pup - she was wagging her tail - trying to get out of the cage - licking my hand - definitely not the same pup from a few days ago. When we got home she ate! She had 2 crunchy cookies - half a can of dog food - and a few bites of her dry food! She jumped off the couch to get herself water! She did still sleep a lot but I am sure her body is exhausted.

Tomorrow she will spend the whole day at the vets again getting fluids, antibiotics, and having her blood drawn in order to run the Billirubin tests and to see where her liver enzymes are. I am cautiously optomistic - I worry that the fluids and the appetite stimulant are just masking her still being sick. I don't want to get my hopes up only to find out that her enzyme levels haven't gone down enough.

My sister Colleen and Niece Krystina may not know this but they helped me get through this weekend - we had multiple games of Words With Friends going on through my iPod and their iPhones - I was busy trying to find words and didn't have lots of time to worry about Mup being at the vets. It was a great and fun way of keeping my mind off things. Thank You!

Mup and I are going to try sleeping in the bed tonight instead of on the couch.

De

No comments: