Thursday, February 4, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

OK - No drama, just a busy evening. L's first unemployment check arrived - Our taxes being put to good use - and I met with her to help get it cashed. The plan - she would sign the check over to me - we would go to the bank to cash it - find out if I can deposit them through the ATM going forward - give the cash to L. All great plans of mice and men! She signed the check over to me - we went to the bank - they asked for her ID . . . . first bump in the road . . . . due to her DUI she has a hole punched in her Drivers License making it invalid . . . I don't really understand this - I mean it still has her picture on it, address, all that good stuff - she's just not allowed to drive with it. We asked if she could sign it over to me and they could see my ID - nope they needed hers. During this whole time the teller isn't really looking at us . . . . she's punching things into her computer . . . Flags must have been activated because the next question was "Did you have an account with us?" "It shows as closed in 7/09" "Do you owe us money?" "We need to know that first before we cash a check, cuz if you owe us money we will take that first before giving you any money" So - the first lesson is learned from past actions. I still have the check and so the next step is for her to get a State ID and then to see how much it will cost to cash the check somewhere else.

Next errand - L needed to do her Grocery Shopping - her Food Stamps card had been replenished for February - so I took her shopping. She is quite the good little shopper these days - looking for items on sale, buying store brands, sticking to what is on her list. She had a few items listed that were "wish" items - she decided not to get them because she didn't know how much things were going to cost and she didn't want to go over her limit. Good shopper - still has $65 left! I am very proud of the changes I have seen in her.

Afterwards I came home and discovered something gross about my dog . . . . . do not continue reading unless you have a strong stomach . . . . . . . dogs probably don't think it's gross but I certainly do. I always thought it was amazing how Muppet was able to hold her #2s until I got home and took her outside . . .I always thought Muppet was a nice dog - didn't have any of the nasty habits that her Texas Cousins have. I learned differently - got home tonight and the house smelled like a fresh poo . . . . I went in and cleaned up the puppy pad then picked up Muppet - sniff . . .sniff . . . . sniff . . . . why does it still smell so bad . . . . . . ooh Yuck!!! That would be because Muppet was snacking on her poo!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! So Gross!!!! Dog needs a tooth brushing and then lots and lots of Scope!!!

OK - it's been a full day - and it's to work early early tomorrow.

De

No comments: