Saturday, February 20, 2010

Long Night

Muppet and I moved form the couch to the bedroom around 1130 pm - she was getting twitchy and I figured she might be more comfortable on the pillows. We had just gotten settled in when she lost control of her bladder - she was on a pillow so that is what mostly got soaked. I wrapped her in a towel to dry her off - stripped the bed - and we moved back out to the couch. I didn't turn on the TV I just sat there and held her. She started shaking - I couldn't tell if she was having mini seizures, shaking from cold, or stress. I just held her close - she gave a big shudder and was quiet - I thought she had died in my arms but then she took a breath. This went on for an hour - her shaking and me thinking that this was it. I finally fell asleep - waking up off and on during the night. At 400 am I took her outside to go potty - she is peeing a lot - she left a small lake outside! Came back inside - turned on curling - and just snuggled with her.

This morning she was back to not wanting anything to do with her pill pockets or her food. I tried to tempt her - force her - I left her locked in the kitchen while I went to wash my face and stuff. When I came back out she was just curled up in her bed - looking so very sad. When I had tried to get her to take her meds I noticed that her eyes were more yellow this morning than they were last night. So it seems that being on an IV all day helps her to eat at night but by the next morning she is going back down hill. I took her to the vets this morning - let them know what was going on - she was shaking really bad again.

I went to Starbucks - got a drink - and sat outside in the February Spring weather. I called Lydia - my bff - talked about Mup and talked about her cute little boy Hoyt. I just wasn't ready to go home yet. I am home now though - watching Curling and waiting to hear form the vet office - they are supposed to get blood work results back today. I need to get my new Credit Card in the mail today so I can take care of her bill.

I think I will go clean my kitchen and then maybe make some Banana Bread to get my mind off things. Sitting on the couch waiting for the phone to ring isn't going to make it ring any faster.

Oh - on a silly funny note - L's Cat Niki is a very very strange cat! She has been jumping into my tub in the middle of the night and chasing imaginary things! I went in there yesterday morning and this black head pops up over the edge of the tub - looks at me - then starts chasing things! So So Weird!

De

No comments: