Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Money Money Money

Just a fun couple of days here in good old Washington . . . . . . Not!!!!! Woke up yesterday morning to a phone call from Apple Computer - my first thought . . . WTH are they doing making Telemarketing Calls at 630 in the morning. Not what they were calling about. They were double checking to see if I had made a purchase at Apple Online with my card ending in 9730 . . . the purchase was for a Mac Book Pro at around $4K! . . . . Uh No . . . Not me! The gal said I needed to call my bank because someone had gotten a hold of my information . . see . . . they not only had my credit card number but they also had my name and address! Lucky for me I have made purchases from them before so they had my phone number on file and it didn't match what the thieves had entered!! So for the third time in the past year I had to cancel my credit card and have a new one issued. It will take 5 - 7 business days for the new card to arrive . . they offered to overnight it for $15 . . Nah . . I can make it a week without a credit card. Famous last words!! You see . . . even as I said it I had this thought run through my head . . . as long as the pet flu doesn't turn out to be anything more serious! I think I have the ability of premonition! Yup . . . Muppet was doing worse this morning so I had to take her to the vets.

Took her to the vet at 10 this morning where she ended up needing to stay for the day - needed to run some tests and give her fluids. Not a good sign when you go to pick your animal up and they put you in a room for the Dr to talk to you first. Dr Brar . . . a new associate at Klahanie Center Vet . . . showed me some blood work results . . . it wasn't Pancreatitis but Mup's Liver enzymes were very elevated. One of them should be between 20 - 200 and hers were at 2000! The other ones didn't even register on the quick test so they are sending her blood out to be tested fully. Then came the xrays . . $$$$ . . . these showed that there was nothing in her tummy but that her liver is inflamed . . . these need to be looked at by a radiologist though to make a more definitive diagnosis. They sent me home with a lot of meds and said if she starts throwing up again to bring her right back in. No food tonight and try bland food tomorrow - one of her meds has to be given 30 - 45 min before eating so I will def have to change my morning routine around a bit. I will see how she is doing in the morning and figure out if I need to work from home or just set up the Muppet Cam so I can keep an eye on her from work.

Right now I am on the couch watching the Olympics and softly rubbing Mups belly. Will head to bed soon - just need to move some washing to the dryer and move the pup to the bed.

De

No comments: