Thursday, February 11, 2010

Should Have Knocked On Wood Harder!

Tonight I went and got L and we went to Money Tree to see if we could get her Unemployment checks cashed. No Problem! She got all set up so she can got there anytime to cash her checks - they only charge 2.9% which isn't too bad. So we got her 2 checks cashed - she paid me back for what I loaned her last week - all was well with the world.

Oops - felt that way just a little too soon. I swear - every time it looks like things are finally going to run smoothly something pops up - whether it's a new issue or the reappearance of an old problem. Well - this time is an old issue. When I got home and got the mail tonight there was something in the mail addressed to L from the King County Courts - I opened it to see if it was something I needed to call her on right away - yup it was - she is being summoned to appear in court on 2/22 at 845 am to be arraigned on her DUI charge. I thought there had to be more going on with this - I didn't think it could be as simple as just having her drivers license punched and her driving privileges removed. So I called and let her know and told her I would bring by the summons so she knows where she needs to go. I told her that hopefully seeing as she is getting assistance from DSHS that she will qualify for a court appointed attorney.

Right now I am going to do some baking - stress reliever and want to make something sweet for A's last day at work tomorrow - watch Survivor Heroes -vs- Villains - Go Boston Rob and Stephenie my picks in the game at work! So glad tomorrow is Friday - def ready for a weekend.

De

No comments: