Wednesday, May 13, 2009

When Is Reality Not Reality

Aaaaggghhh! This dreary weather is really starting to wear me down. I feel so sleepy all day long. It's dark - cloudy - rainy - cold . . . . . supposed to be Spring not late Fall!

I am watching the Finale of America's Next Top Model right now. **Spoiler Alert** If you don't want to know the outcome stop reading!

I really like one of the finalists and really don't like the other one. I like Alison! Not a fan of Teyona! Alison is white, blonde, with big, round, blue eyes. Teyona is black, tall, and reminds me of a lot of the other girls that have been on top model. I found it very interesting during the final critiques - when the models were standing before them and they reviewed each photo shoot and the final runway show they all leaned towards Alison. When the models left Tyra and Ms J started leaning more towards Teyona. Nigel and Paulina stuck with the opinions they had given already. It became blatantly clear that Tyra wanted Teyona to win when she asked Paulina what she thought - Paulina said she thought Alison had made the most progress, did the best on the runway, and had consistently good photos - Tyra then said - OK, enough about Alison, lets talk about Teyona. At that moment I realized that the winner was going to be Teyona because that's who Tyra wanted. It didn't matter that 2 of her other judges thought differently.

Americas Next Top Model is . . . . . . . Teyona. Rigged!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're totally right. This season made me rethink why I watch this show. Allison's pictures were much more interesting, varied and her walk was much natural and fun! Teyona is awkard, with her high shoulder shrugging and arm swinging and that awful commercial and her pix are pretty average and not that interesting. My friends keep saying we should Boycott ANTM. I'm beginning to think they're right!