Monday, May 18, 2009

Random Thoughts

I had a good weekend. Sunshine - Star Trek - Target - what more could a person want!

Star Trek was an amazing movie! JJ Abrams did a really good job with it. I think it will create new Trekkies and also satisfy those of us who grew up watching the original show. I can hardly wait for the next one!

Sunshine - do I need to say more! As a born and bred Washingtonian I have learned to rejoice in the occasional sunny days. These usually land on a weekday - so when we get a full weekend of sunshine it's time to stop everything and just enjoy the glorious feeling of the warmth on your face. Even my cats stopped running around the house and found their own patch of sun and laid down all day!

Of course - after a good weekend you just knew there would have to be something involving L! Nothing too terribly huge - just the expected call to the Bank of Mom wanting to make a small withdrawal! The call started out with nice conversation - then she asked if I was at home - I told her I was at the Park and Ride - she said she was still at the Mongolian Grill and wanted to know if she could come by to get $5 so she could get gas to get home and back to work tomorrow. I told her no. She said - didn't you just get paid - I said yes but that I had no cash to give her - she wanted to know what I did with all my money - I told her I had bills that needed to be paid - I need to make sure I have enough for gas and groceries - and that I have it budgeted so that I have enough to make the house payment on the 1st. She didn't really seem to grasp the concept - budgeting is such a foreign word to her. She did have her usual reaction though - telling me she has no one else to ask - she'll just have to sleep at Mongolian Grill tonight then so she can be at work tomorrow. I told her that's fine and I hung up. Haven't heard anything since. Oh - the sun has officially disappeared and the rain it is a coming down!


Aaagh - can I just say - the new Jack In The Box commercials are sooo annoying!! Between the Mini Sirloin Burgers song and the Fruit Smoothie one with the lady wandering through her garden with a stiff smile talking about being in Menopause and that the smoothie helps with her hot flashes so she doesn't go all - Street Rat Crazy! I mean come on - do we really need to be talking about menopause to sell a frosty drink. Who came up with that idea - and who on the Marketing Team agreed that it was a good idea! I know times are tough and businesses need to drum up business - but I think Jack In The Box has officially Jumped The Shark!

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Way up west (way up west),
there's a story told (there's a story told)
about a bunch of cowboys.

Tiny and bold. (tiny and bold)
Ridin' tall. (ridin' tall)
Tall in the saddle!
Herdin' cows the size of schnauzers
but they're cattle!

YIPPIE AYE AY, MINI SIRLOIN BURGERS!
YIPPIE AYE OH, MINI SIRLOIN BURGERS!
YIPPIE AYE AY, MINI SIRLOIN BURGERS, HA

Go Jack!