Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Go Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Month end made my brain tired yesterday so no blog! I am tired tonight too but I have many many bananas supplied by co-workers - I am turning them in to bread and muffins. I have already made 24 muffins and I'm currently baking 1 large loaf and 2 smaller ones. My home smells really good right now! I think the people at work really like my banana bread because they all brought me their bananas that had gotten really ripe - I ended up with 6 cups of mashed banana - my recipe only calls for 2 cups!

Today for month end I got to learn and help with some new stuff - reconciling specific accounts on the financial statement and explaining any variances. I enjoyed learning something new - all the numbers made my brain tired.

Muppet was very funny tonight. After I put the muffins in the oven I went to take her outside - the heavens had opened up and the rains were falling - basically it was pouring outside. I took her down the stairs - no leash - we got to the bottom of the stairs and I let her just run out to the grass - usually she will pee and then want to sniff around - not today, she did what she needed and then ran quickly back to the stairs! She didn't even wait for me to start going upstairs! She does not like to get wet.

Watching NCIS right now - love this show! Oh - Oh! Got too in to NCIS and forgot about the smaller loaves in the oven that didn't need to bake as long as the big one! Can you say crispy crust! The middle still tastes ok. Luckily the larger loaf and the muffins turned out good!

Time to clean up the dishes and head off to bed.

De

No comments: