Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sunshine and a BBQ

Just got back from a BBQ with my 40 Something Group. It was a lot of fun. It was at a house in the Greenlake area in Seattle. I had not been in this area before - the houses were amazing - the house the BBQ was at had a great backyard/deck area. The hostess provided the grilled chicken and everyone else brought a dish to share - I made my Peanut Butter Brownies - which were a hit - they were all gone when I left.

Last weekend was Folklife in Seattle - Shayna (tonight's hostess) saw a Folk Rock singer performing there and really liked him. She asked him if he did BBQ's at homes - he said he could - he does an hour show - so they hired him for tonight's BBQ. His name is Scott Andrew - he was really good and entertaining. At the end of his show he had CD's for any of the guests that wanted one. I of course grabbed one - I like free things and he was a good entertainer.

Before the BBQ today I laid out on my deck and read my book - I was only on my stomach for an hour - but that was enough to completely fry my back and the back of my legs - no I didn't wear any sunscreen - it's really tough to put sunscreen on your back by yourself. A gal I met at the BBQ said she uses the spray sunscreen so she can reach her back - good Idea - I'll be looking for some of that.

De

No comments: