Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long Weekend

My long weekend was productive and relaxing. Saturday and Sunday I worked on cleaning out my closet and moving things in to the spare room. It is looking a little more organized - except for the fact that all of my deck furniture is in my dining room! The Homeowners Association is having all of the decks coated - They power washed everything last week and this week they will be doing my building - they don't let you know which day though - kinda like the cable company!

Yesterday I did some grocery shopping and relaxed on the deck - brought a chair out there and moved it back in last night.

I also became completely addicted to The Deadliest Catch over the weekend! The Discovery Channel was having a Memorial Weekend Marathon of the show. I tell ya - once you start watching it you just can't turn away! It is amazing what these crab fisherman go through - dangerous working conditions to make a lot of money in a short amount of time - I found myself hoping that the cameramen were getting paid just as well - A couple times it looked like one of them was going to get swept off the boat. My favorite Captain was only on for one season of King Crab Fishing - Blake Painter from the Maverick. There are a couple captains that I'm not sure I would want to work for - Captain Sig Hansen from the North Western and Captain Phil from the Cornelia Marie - they are very harsh and they make their crews work unbelievable hours. One of the episodes showed the crew on the North Western working 48 hours straight - no break - brings up the question of whether they get bathroom breaks or if they wear depends!

Well - 3 Days left this week and then another weekend!

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

Absolutely love Deadliest Catch! An amazing show.