Thursday, April 23, 2009

Week 1

It has now been 1 full week since L left the house. I have not seen her since last Wednesday. She has called a couple times but it's been because she wanted something. She called today because she had locked herself out of her car and wanted me to pick her up from work, drive her out to the apartment in Tukwila to get her spare key, and then bring her back out her car! Oh yeah - that's how I wanted to spend my evening - driving down 405 at rush hour - NOT! But Mom - I've tried other people and no one else can help me out. Luckily I remembered that her Bama and Bepa put her on their AAA membership at Christmas time - I told her that's what the card is for and to give them a call and then let me know. I texted her around 430 to find out if she had gotten in her car and her response was - Yes. No more no less - and I probably won't hear form her again until she needs something.

I am still enjoying my life in my house! Came home tonight and made Sloppy Joes for dinner and then baked cookies to bring in to work tomorrow. I haven't made my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies in awhile and had the urge to do some baking. Tomorrow I will be leaving work at 100 - I have a Dr appointment at 200 - then the weekend will start. No plans for Saturday - Sunday I have a brunch meet-up and my book club is meeting at 200.

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

I really feel sorry for those of you in TX who only get to read about De's baking exploits. A blog like this has me up and running down the hallway to sample. Don't worry, I'll eat enough for all of you! Congratulations on the marathon! I'll stick with my hallway sprints rewarded with cookies at the end (just a personal preference). Thanks De!