Monday, April 20, 2009

Don't Use Sprint!

After spending 45 minutes on the phone today with Sprint I am so glad I no longer have my cell service through them!! This is the third time I have had to talk to them about the same issue.

February 2008 I purchased a new phone on my Sprint account. I paid full price - not the discounted price - because I did not want to get locked in to another 2 year contract with them - my contract was set to end November 2008. Back in October I was looking at my account online and it showed my contract end date to be 2/2010! I called and spoke with "customer service" and the guy at that time told me that in their system the contract end date was 11/08 and not to worry about it. January I changed my cell service to T-Mobile - ported my number over - no problem. I called Sprint to cancel the rest of my account because L changed service providers at the same time. Gee - guess what - the gal said I would be charged an early termination fee of $200! I went through the whole story with her - she needed to do some research - came back and said I was correct - she would note this on the account - and all would be fine.

In February there was an automatic withdrawal made to my account for my final Sprint bill and it seemed higher than I thought it should be. I called and had a copy of the invoice sent to me. Got the copy - Gee - Guess What - I was charged $200 Early Termination Fee!!! I called yet again - spoke with yet another "customer service" representative - went through the whole story again. Of course, there were no notes on my account! This time it took them 45 minutes to research whether I had actually paid full price for the phone, make sure I hadn't signed a new contract, and then verify I wasn't lying about having received the charge on my final bill. After all of this, Brendan informs me that this is more than he is allowed to credit so he will need to submit a request and I should hear in 2 - 5 business days whether the credit has been approved. Then he ends the conversation with "Thank You For Choosing Sprint!" Oh Good Lord - I didn't choose Sprint - I quit Sprint! Now give me back my $200!

De

No comments: