Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Tragic Tale

Hey Dear Readers . . . . I know you have been missing it . . . . . . . . . .back by popular demand . . . . . . . . . L Drama!!!!! Sit back and enjoy . . . . . . . . . save your gasps of disbelief for the end!

I am in the habit of checking my credit card activity online about 2 or 3 times a week - I am paranoid about fraud and identity theft. Today I went online to look at the activity and there was a charge on there that I did not recognize. Now - it was from a store that I have purchased items from before but I did not recognize the amount of the charge. I gave them a call - they checked my account with them and they didn't see that charge being associated with my account. I called my bank next and submitted a dispute with them regarding this charge - they will put in the process to research the items and hopefully credit it back to my card. After all this there was a nagging little voice in the back of my head that started out rather quiet but throughout the day kept getting louder and louder - you see, this charge was from T-Mobile and when I spoke with them they informed me that it had been made via their Voice Response System - aka a phone payment. This voice was asking - is this just a coincidence that L has an account with them and my credit card number was used to make a payment over the phone. The whole way home I kept saying - please be a coincidence - please be a coincidence. When I got home L's current T-Mobile statement was sitting on the table - I opened it - the amount that was owed on it was the exact amount that had been charged to my card!! Now you can gasp in disbelief!! That little thief stole my credit card number and used it to pay her $272.81 phone bill so that her service wouldn't be turned off!!

We have spoken on the phone - she called to let me know she was staying at Justin's house tonight and wouldn't be home - I told her that was a good idea because I was too pissed for her to be home right now.

How Come?! Because your phone bill was paid with my credit card! What?!? I don't know what you're talking about! I tried to pay my bill with my debit card and it didn't work. How would I have gotten your credit card number. The amount charged to my card is the exact amount of your current bill. I didn't do anything. Well, then I need to call the cops because someone has stolen my account number. You don't need to do that. Are you admitting that you were the one to do it. yes. What happened the last time you stole from me? You kicked me out. Yeah - I think you need to leave.
No, No - where will I go! Can't we talk about it. I'll pay you back!! L, you are overdrawn on your bank account by $300+ how would you be able to pay me back! What did you think was going to happen? Did you think I wouldn't notice the charge on my statement?

More attempts at negotiating and trying to make me feel bad followed. I am still in shock! She really will do anything to keep her phone. It's all about her - no thoughts of anyone else - no thinking about any repercussions for her actions. I feel so violated!!

De

1 comment:

Crawfords said...

OUCH! I'm sorry. Well, it was good while it lasted wasn't it? At least, much better than expected there for a while. Alas, she's up to her old tricks again. I guess she's feeling comfortable in your home again, so it's time for her to go.