Sunday, June 28, 2009

Long Post - Long Story!

On the way to pick L up from the airport Colleen and I talked about where we wanted to go to dinner. We decided on Cucina Cucina – we figured we would wait and see what kind of mood L was in before we made the decision to have dinner on the way home or to have a late dinner after we had dropped L off with her car.

We got to SeaTac and made a trip around the arrival area – No L yet. So we drove around and got back on the Arrival roundabout and made another pass. As we got close to the Delta sign we started looking for her – not sure what she was going to be wearing or where she would be standing – just as I was about to drive pass Delta I saw her squatting down by the curb – I quickly pulled in to one of the pick-up lanes, caught her eye and waved. Did she smile? Did she wave back? Nope! She gave a shrug with her shoulders, a nasty look, and pointed to the lane that was a little closer to her. Colleen looked over at me and said – I guess we’ll have a late dinner!

I got out of the car and the first words out of her mouth – What you couldn’t pull closer! Then she said – “My phone won’t let me make outgoing calls!” I asked if it had gotten turned off – Oh No! Something just got messed up with my payment. T-Mobile screwed up! OF course – it certainly couldn’t be the fact that she used her debit card for a bank account that has a negative balance. I mentioned that and she of course denied it – said she wouldn’t do something like that. This all happened in the car before we got out of the airport!

We get on the road and get to the point where I need to either take I-5 or 405 – I asked her if I should get on 405 because we were going to pick-up her boyfriend Justin and I wasn’t sure how to get to the exit to his place. I figured it was 405 and L said – No you need to take I5 – I said are you sure? Southcenter is over there – and I pointed in the opposite direction of where I5 was going. She said – No, I know you need to take I5. So I took the exit and as we got on I said – you know, Southcenter is back that way – pointing behind us. Her reaction – If you knew that why did you go this way!! I said because she told me that this was the exit I should take. Her response – “Well maybe you shouldn’t listen to me!!

So – I take the next exit and get back on I5 heading back towards Southcenter. Oh great – we are coming up to another exit where we need to make a decision and I ask again if she knows which one we should take. She tells me 405 – then says no take the Southcenter Pkwy Exit. Of course – this is all in the space of a few seconds as there’s not much time or room for me to make the choice before we would be past them. So I take the South Center Pkwy Exit – again the wrong decision as we pull off the exit and I see that we can’t turn towards the left, we have to follow the exit around to the right. L then tells me that it’s OK – this road will take us all the way around the mall. No it doesn’t! We get to a spot where Colleen and I say we need to turn left and work our way back around. She says we should go right and then proceeds to say – fine don’t listen to me!! Good heavens! We turn left and get all turned around and end up in a Boeing Parking lot with a sign- Authorized Personnel Only! I then remember I have my Garmin and ask L if she has Justin’s address so I can put it in. She says no. I turn the Garmin on so I can at least see a map and start trying to work my way back towards 405. As Colleen and I are talking about which way we think we should go L pipes up with, just hand me the Garmin and I’ll put in his address. Hmm . . . . . I swear she said No when I asked her if she had it!

So we start going and following the directions when L says – Oh, I know where we are now. You can turn off the Garmin. I say I’m going to keep it on just to be sure. You guessed it! Her response was – Fine don’t believe that I know where we’re going.

We get to Justin’s. She runs inside and they come out 5 minutes later and get in the car. While they were inside I turned to Colleen and said – “I guess this wouldn’t be a good time to tell her I’m going to Dallas for Christmas!” Then, as L is getting in she makes a smart-ass comment – Yay, more family time for L. We get back to my place so she can grab her stuff and her car. She is going through her things and we are standing around watching her. She stops and says – “What!! Why are you staring at me?” I told her - Auntie Colleen and I have plans and are waiting for you to leave. Her and Justin finally grab everything and we head outside. Colleen and I get in the car and get out of there before she is even done loading her stuff in her car. As we were driving out Colleen made this comment – “Gee Mom, thanks for picking me up at the airport! That was really nice of you!”

2 additional little tidbits.
  • During the drive to Justin’s L was making conversation about how she only had $272 from the paycheck she got while in NC and that’s certainly not going to pay for her phone and she needs gas in her car and needs to pay rent. Then she says – well I get paid at the end of this week. I asked her what she thought she was going to get paid for seeing as she hasn’t worked in the last 2 weeks. She gave me a blank stare like she hadn’t really thought about that. Then says – stop yelling at me. I’m stressed out and I think I’m going to throw up! After we left L at her car, I asked Colleen – Didn’t you understand she was hinting that she needed money! How come you didn’t just turn around and give her some!
  • The kids are coming up in August and are getting tickets to the Mariner’s game. Lindsay had asked L if she wanted to go and let her know how much it was going to cost. L then called me and asked if I was going to the game. I said Yes and that I already had my ticket and that the kids are buying their own cheap seats. She said – Oh, well I won’t be going. I have to pay other people and I owe money. Is aid, that’s OK I’m sure you’ll see them at some other point while they are here. She said – “When!!” I said they are here through the weekend so I’m sure she will see them at some point. She told me – Have fun with the family! I responded with, I will! She hung up on me.

Too bad NC didn’t keep her!

De

No comments: