Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fates Chosen Path

Feeling a little down tonight. This has been an up and down week. Started with getting up way too early on Saturday to take L to the airport and then was filled with too many trips to the dentist. I think toothaches are the worst - they make every part of your mouth and head hurt and it is very difficult to concentrate on things.

So with all that going on my mental state was already on the way down so when I received a call from L tonight it just got me thinking and feeling sad. As you know she is in NC right now with her Dad's side of the family for Alyssa's wedding. Alyssa's Mom and Dad - Gerri and Chris - were my best friends in High School. My ex Alan is Chris' brother and Alan's wife is Gerri's sister. When L called I could hear everyone in the background laughing and having a great time. L told me that Kenny was there too - he is part of my high school group of friends that I no longer have contact with due to the intertwining lives of everyone else. It is sad to think back on the great friendships I had in High School/College/ plus a few years after and to see how decisions and choices that were out of my control completely changed my life. Part of me wishes I could be there to celebrate this wonderful day in Alyssa's life but I understand that that is not the path chosen for me. As we have all probably felt before - it's one thing to understand it in your head and a completely different thing to feel and understand it in your heart.

Congratulations Alyssa and Christopher. Best Wishes for a long and happy marriage.

De

2 comments:

Crawfords said...

Very insightful post. Quite open and honest. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to this blog, spent the last several hours reading everything. You seem to be a very thoughtful person. Looking forward to reading more.