Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Scream . . .You Scream . . .

Yesterday - on my way from work to an appointment - I was in the mood for a soft serve ice cream cone. Hmmm . . . . I do have to drive by the McDonalds on my way to Lisa's Office - I really do like the cones at McDonalds. As I drove across the I90 Bridge I could already taste the cold creaminess of the soft serve and the crispy crunchiness of the cone. My mouth was watering! I got to Exit 14 - no line-up of cars - I made it through all of the lights - turned in to the McDonalds Drive-way - made my way to the drive-thru line. There was one car ahead of me - I looked at the clock on my dashboard - I was making good time - I could get the cone, eat it, and still make it to my appointment with a few minutes to spare. The car in front of me pulled forward - it was my turn to order - I pull up to the speaker ready to say A Regular Vanilla Cone please and . . . . . . . . There attached to the speaker was a sign . .Sorry, we do not have any ice cream or shakes. Our machines are broken! What!!!! No Ice Cream!! But. . . but . . . . that's what I was craving! That's what I have been thinking about the whole 30 minute drive from work to Issaquah! I wanted some ice cream!! Dang It! I guess I'll just have a coke. :(

De

2 comments:

Crawfords said...

Oh no! How awful. I know the feeling. Once, my buddies and I sat in line at the Krispy Kreme drive through for 30 minutes to order our favorite cream filled doughnuts. When we got to the front there was a sign that said they were out of that one kind. Then of course we were stuck in the drive through lane. We were so mad we didn't order anything, but politely explained our plight at the window (b/c they thought the next order was ours) so they gave us a dozen original glazed for our hassle. That was pretty sweet.

Colleen said...

McDonalds ice cream machine is always broken