Saturday, June 27, 2009

Having Fun With My Sissy!

Hi All - Yesterday was a very busy day and I was very tired so I didn't blog. I love having my sissy here! We are having a great time.

Yesterday we got up and if you know Colleen then you know that the first thing we did was . . . . . . . .head to Starbucks! We got are sbux to go and headed to the Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon Expo - C was originally coming up here to run the Rock and Roll 1/2 but about 4 weeks after Boston she injured herself and has been rehabbing it ever since. I'm glad she didn't get to run because that meant we got to spend more time together. So we hit the Expo - she got her T-shirt, goody bag, and a new Garmin. Next stop was to park at my office - it is centrally located by the shopping malls in downtown and within walking distance of Pike Place Market. We then did what all good Boyd girls do on vacation - we Shopped!!!!!

Next stop was to have lunch at the Steelhead Diner - it is down at the Market and they have the most amazing fish and chips! C agreed that it was very good. We enjoyed the view - we could see a cruise ship that was docked at the pier. And - yes Putbory I did pick up another little silver gravy boat!! :P) We made a quick trip through the market and I bought some Rainier Cherries - you know, I could have gotten them there all along instead of having to try and find them at the Issaquah Farmer's Market!! I just forget that it's down here. The cherries are amazing!! If I have any left I will bring some in to work after vacation - or else I'll just take a quick break and walk the 4 blocks and get some more.

Today we went and visited Auntie Jan at her new place - new to us but she has lived there for a few years now. It was really nice - I would move there in a heartbeat if I could afford it and if I were old enough - you have to be 55. It is a really beautiful community. Auntie Jan's house backs up to one of the many walking trails and it is so peaceful on her patio. We had lunch together and caught up on everything - it had been 5 years since she saw C. We then went to Bellevue Square so we could go to the Mariner's Store. Oh yeah - I almost forgot - we stopped by the University Book Store first - all that purple and gold was dreadful - I almost got sick but lucky for me they have a Cougar section so I went and stood in the Crimson and Grey safe zone! We didn't stay at the mall for very long because we needed to go home and then head to the airport to pick up L. Lucky for me we had this - kept me from going to the Apple Store with C - every time I go in that store with her I end up in debt!!

After the L airport trip C and I went to Cucina Cucina for a late dinner. It was really good! I have had a great 2 days with sissy!!

De

***I will blog about the airport trip tomorrow. Suffice it to say it was rather interesting! To give you an idea - the sound going through my head was the music that is played in The Wizard of Oz evertime you see the Wicked Witch of the West!***

No comments: