Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sissy's Here!!

Just got home from picking my sister up from the airport. Her flight got in on time - 1025. Her bag was one of the first one's on the carousel - just as we were walking towards carousel 2 Colleen saw her bag coming around - she had to walk fast to get ahead of it so she could grab it. We got right out of the airport onto I5 and then on to 405 - that's where we ran in to problems. There was a very slow back-up that started jusr past Renton and continued on until the I90 exit. My first thought was - what are all these cars doing on the road at 1100 at night. We shouldn't be running in to traffic - this is ridiculous. Well - our lovely Department of Transportation was doing work on 405 and the three lane road was down to one lane. What should have been a 20 - 30 minute trip ended up being an hour long trip. Which - not too bad for me but Colleen is coming from Texas which is 2 hours ahead of us so when we got home it was 130 in the morning for her. She headed straight to bed - which is in my new spare bedroom! I got an airbed for that room - I hope it is comfortable. I gave her extra blankets too because she came from 100* and right now it is in the 50s.

I'm going to get some sleep!

De

No comments: