Wednesday, June 3, 2009

SYTYCD - So You Think You Can Dance

I am just furious at the SYTYCD judges right now - I just don't get them.

Natalie - a dancer who almost made it to the Top 10 Gals last year and lost the last spot to her roommate - did not make it through the Vegas Auditions tonight and I don't get it! Her solo was impeccable - she did extremely well on Hip Hop and Ballroom - then it was time for the Jazz Dance. They showed her during rehearsals and the choreographer loved her - then it was time for them to dance in front of the judges. I thought she did a really good job - the judges didn't and they told her she would not be going on!! I don't get it - they said they had such high hopes for her - is it possible that their expectations of her were higher than for any of the other dancers that are auditioning - is this fair?

Then there was Gabby - she was a mess in the Hip Hop - did so so in Ballroom - and was a mess in Jazz. Did they cut her - Noooo - They let her dance a solo again to save her life - and they ended up keeping her in the competition. I just don't get it.

I think they should have the same standards for each and every dancer - why should the expectations be high for one and not the other - if they mess up then they should be gone. If one messes up even worse than the other then they should be the one that goes home.

OK - rant is over!

De

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I actually watched this last night too! Didn't that girl end up getting cut at the end?? It was hard for me to keep everyone straight....I did miss the last 20 minutes or so.

Crawfords said...

We had the same sentiments last night as we were watching. They even singled Natalie out (along w/ that really strong black guy), had them dance the choreography together while all others watched so they could see what it should look like. Then they end up cutting her. I just don't get it. And if you remember last year, Natalie would've received the last spot last year except her roomate said she probably wouldn't come back if she didn't get the spot so they gave it to her. Then Natalie comes back and she doesn't get in? Huh? I just don't understand.

De said...

Yeah - Gabby did end up finally getting cut. Thank goodness because I honestly did not think she was that good - even her solos.

Colleen said...

I know I thought they should have let Natalie dance for her life like everybody else.