Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Thrill of Victory and The Agony of Deteeth!!

I got to go to the dentist today!! Not just any dentist - an Endodontist! They specialize in root canals! It was so exciting and fun! Nope - not on drugs - because they didn't give me any :( I am just trying to look at this with a sense of - it wasn't so bad because nobody died. Yeah - only works when you don't have a throbbing pain in your mouth.

Got to the appointment at 930 this morning - Dr Burnett looked at the x-rays and poked around in my mouth - Oh yeah, that felt just great! He thought the tooth was too far gone and couldn't be saved - a root canal was just going to prolong the inevitable - which is having to have the tooth removed. He called my regular dentist - Dr Brandon Cooley - and they decided I should go back and talk to him regarding a treatment plan and that the root canal should be put on hold! I was like - What?!?!?!? I haven't been able to eat or drink for 2 days due to the sensitivity and the incredible pain! Dr Burnett did a temporary fix so I could eat - no more sensitivity to cold and heat! I headed back over to the Cooley's and was told that the tooth did need to be removed and seeing as we already know this tooth is a lost cause we should spend the time and money on the two other crowns that need to be replaced so that they don't get as bad as this one. I so love going to the dentist!

So - got the temp fix but my mouth - the procedure has left my teeth aching though and I got no good pain meds from the dentist. What's a girl to do?!? Headed to Happy Hour after work with Finance and self medicated with a beer and then a cranberry and vodka! Worked for awhile! Now it is time for bed and my teeth are throbbing. Gonna take some Advil and try to get some sleep.

De

No comments: