Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thanks For The Help . . . But . . . . .

The condo next to mine is for sale - they were having an open house today.  I didn't know this until I got home from church and saw the signs up.  When I got to my door I realized that my recycling was gone - I had the box outside the door so I could take it down to the bins by the dumpster.  Now - I understand that real estate agent wanted to the landing to look nice - and I really did appreciate that someone had taken my recycling down for me - But . . . . . . . . . . . they crushed up and recycled my actual recycling box that I use to collect everything to make it easier to carry down the stairs!!  Really - you couldn't just ask me to take it down - or have me move it inside until your open house was over - it's very hard to get big boxes that are sturdy that you can use for carrying items.  I can always try to get another paper box from work - but I have to time it for when they replenish the paper and I drive - little hard to carry the box on the bus.

Today after church I made a double batch of spaghetti sauce and made a huge Spaghetti Lasagna - the Iss 3rd Ward was supplying food for a homeless shelter in Bellevue and I signed up to make a casserole.  It has given me such a good feeling inside that I am helping out those in need.  I hope they like the lasagna.  I thought I would have some leftover to make a small one for myself but it took all of the sauce to fill up the 13 X 11 pan. 

L sent me a text while I was on my way to drop off the lasagna - she was at work, had a headache from her wisdom teeth and wanted me to bring by something for the pain.  I said sure seeing as I was already out and about.  So I got there - she came out to get it - said I should so come get her at 9 and take her home!  I said - Uh No - I don't think so.  So I made my way home - via QFC because I was now craving some spaghetti.  As soon as I started cooking L called - she had gotten off work early - I should so come get her so she wouldn't  have to wait so long for her bus - it was 7 the next bus was 730 but she didn't think she would make it to her stop by then so she would then have to wait another hour.  I said - No that I had just started cooking my dinner and had laundry to do.  She gave me one of those heavy sighs and a - Fine, whatever - bye.  Hung up on me.  Must be tough when you think the world revolves around you and you don't get your way.  

Watching Amazing Race right now - one of the three teams I chose to make it to the end is having a very hard time right now - My only hope is if this isn't an elimination round.  They are in India right now - there are so many people - the drivers are crazy too - they don't care about red lights or pedestrians.  I won't post the outcome here though - I don't want to give it away if a reader hasn't watched it yet.

OK - show is almost over - Miss Chris is laying on on the couch right next to me - all curled up.  She's not quite the companion Muppet was - but she is starting to like to hang with me.

Night All - Have a good week.

De

No comments: