Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Mother Knows

Saturday was going to be chore day - I had planned on working on the spare room - trying to get it in shape for Sissy's visit next month.  So I got up - had some breakfast - played with Chrissy - I was ready. Ring . . . Ring . . . . Ring . . . . . Mom, can you come pick me up from work and take me home, I'm sick.  I could hardly understand her - her voice was awful.  She had called in sick but was told she needed to come in because other people had already called in.  She was there for an hour and then they decided she really shouldn't be there and sent her home.  So I went to pick her up.  She looked awful!!  Pale, Glazed Eyes, Could hardly talk.  When she had tried to call in sick her fever was at 101.7!!

I stopped  at the Albertsons by her house and picked her up some juice, Tylenol, water, and Popsicles.  When I got back out to the car she was just laying there - she looked so pitiful.  I asked to look at her tonsils - swollen - almost touching each other - and those nasty white spots!  This was not going to be a simple virus she could just rest and get rid of.  So it was back to Issaquah because that was the closest Urgent Care.  It was packed!  Hour long wait.  Now - L has no insurance so I was a bit worried about how much this was going to cost.  L said - you can ask them how much and if it's too much you can just bring me back home.  Yeah - I don't think so.  So she filled out the paperwork and we waited. When they called her name I had her go back by herself - she's old enough that her Mommy doesn't need to see the Doctor with her!  She wasn't back there for very long - L said that the Doctor took one look at her throat and said Oh Yeah - you have strep.  No Strep test needed - you even have the pus pockets - do you want to see!  They had her swallow a medicine that would help to take the swelling down - and put her on Penicillin.  If you pay the full amount up front you get a 20% Discount - so the visit was only $125 - I was surprised!!  I thought it would be more.  Now it was off to Walgreen's to get the prescription.  Thank God for generics - only $13!!

So that pretty much took care of my Saturday.  Today - after church - I just was not motivated at all.  I napped!!  Now the weekend is over and I did none of my chores!  I so need a cleaning crew to just come in - clean it from top to bottom - haul away the junk - so I can start fresh. 

Oh - and because L's work made her go in even though she was sick - and highly contagious - she probably infected a bunch of people because she was in the second drive-thru window handing people their drinks and food.  Kinda makes you not want to go to fast food!!

De

No comments: