Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mom Credit Card

I am actually sitting in bed and blogging on my Mac!!  I finally broke down and went to Best Buy to get a new router hoping it would fix my connectivity problems - I was having to reset the darn thing every time I came home or got up in the morning as well as not being able to connect in my room on the Mac.  Well - the new router fixed the problems - the connection is so fast too.  The next test will be if I can connect tomorrow night when I get home.


I met L at her work tonight - gave her the check that was in the mail and a package that was delivered for her - she ordered something from Hot Topic.  In the past week she has gotten her IRS refund, a paycheck, and 2 unemployment checks.  She owes me $150 and told me she couldn’t pay me yet because she had to pay rent.  After she tells me this she proceeds to tell me that yesterday she got another tattoo!!  How is it she can’t afford to pay me back yet she can afford to go shopping!  I know what she’s thinking – why do I want to pay Mom when I’m not going to get anything in return – forgetting that she already got the return when I gave her the money in the first place.  Tough thing to learn – credit!  I believe she has hit her credit limit on the Mom Card and will not be getting anymore loans from me.

Her new tattoo is kind of cool though – she got a small peacock feather tattooed behind her right ear.  A weird spot – but it looks nice – small – good colors.

De

***Update - my Internet connection went out while I was writing this last night.  Had to reset the Internet this morning.  I am thinking it might be my DSL Box.  Great - that will require a call and an all day wait for Comcast!**
 

No comments: