Thursday, October 1, 2009

Arrest That Kid . . . . He Has a Candy Bar!!

I read the most interesting bit of news on the elevator this evening - yeah I said elevator! There is a screen in the elevator that shows new stories - has a word of the day - weather - sports. While I was riding down the elevator tonight a headline caught my eye just as we were getting to the bottom floor - Daily Sweets Can Turn Kids into Violent Adults, Study Claims - I finished the story just as the doors opened - I got off as did the guy that was riding with me and we both just had to chuckle - My first thought was - how much money did they spend to do this study and who paid for it. Here is the first part of the story that was on the elevator:

Children who eat sweets daily are more likely to be violent as adults, a new study suggests.

Data from 17,500 participants in the 1970 British Cohort Study found that 10-year-olds who ate chocolates or other confectionaries daily were significantly more likely to have been convicted for violence by age 34.


Well - at least it looks like the British paid for this study and not the American Taxpayers! So - I guess - the solution to violence in America is to outlaw chocolate and sweets - or make it like alcohol and you have to be 21 in order to buy a candy bar!! Glad I'm old enough!

Go here if you want to read the rest of the story.

De

No comments: